stn0795

Default input to 2nd column help

Hi there,

I have a small script with output is *.xls file. However, all place in
column A.
I want that all "Name1" place in Column A, and all "Name2" place in
column B whenever output file execute.

For Ex,
fgrep "Name1" temp.txt out.xls
fgrep "Name2" temp.txt out.xls

What should I put more here to get the "Name2" place in the column B
when I execute?
Your assistance is apprecite!!

Thanks
Son

--
stn0795
stn0795's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24112

Dave Peterson

How about an alternative?

fgrep "Name1" temp.txt out1.txt
fgrep "Name2" temp.txt out2.txt

Now open out1.txt.
Then open out2.txt
copy the data in out2.txt and paste into B1 of out1.txt