JEFF

Default Forms - Scroll Bar or Spinner (Data in increments)

Hello All,

I'm a first time user of a form. I'd like to use the Scroll Bar, but two
problems:

1. It only allows whole numbers (I'd like to use %)
2. Max value is 30,000 (I'd like it to be higher)

Any thoughts?

TIA
dominicb

Good evening Jeff

I have always found spinners a little restrictive in using whole
numbers, (after all Excel uses them in places so why can't we?). You
don't have to actually place the spinner counter on screen, you could
link the spinner to a text box and display the result of the spinner
divided by 10 to get a decimal place in the text box - it's cheating
but it can be done.

Alternatively, set up two small buttons next to a text box, using
symbols from the wingdings character set as up and down arrows. Each
of these buttons needs a piece of code attached to increase or decrease
the value of the text box accordingly. You couldn't get this to look
exactly like the Excel equivalent, but you won't have any restrictions
and can format it how you please.

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18932

dominicb

Hi Jeff.

Glad to help. Thanks for the feedback.

DominicB

--
dominicb
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18932
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=376854

Junior Member

Location: Ohio

With the (userform) scroll bar selected, press F4. This displays the Properties Window. You can change the "Max" property for the top limit to go. I set it to 100000 no problem. As for percentages, not sure how you want it formatted but I just put a label on the form to reflect the updating scrollbar value with a percentage sign behind it. ?

Private Sub ScrollBar1_Scroll()
' Label is renamed as "lblValue"
lblValue.Caption = ScrollBar1.Value & "%"
End Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF
Hello All,

I'm a first time user of a form. I'd like to use the Scroll Bar, but two
problems:

1. It only allows whole numbers (I'd like to use %)
2. Max value is 30,000 (I'd like it to be higher)

Any thoughts?

TIA
Justin Labenne
www.jlxl.net

Last edited by JustinLabenne : June 7th 05 at 01:33 AM