W. Watson

Default Office 97 Excel--FuncRes.xla Error?

Back in 1996 I wrote some add-on statistical functions in VBA for Excel. In 2000
or so I acquired Office97 and ran it under Win2000 Pro successfully. I've since
moved on to XP Pro and tried running it. I get a "FuncRes.XLA error" and a
notice about VBA macros. Once I get by those message, I cannot run my old
programs. What's up? Am I going to have to purchase XP Office? Perhaps there's
another way? A workaround? The thought of paying out $400 or more for an upgrade
does not excite me.
Dave Peterson

Funcres.xla is the workbook that contains the Analysis toolpak (installed via
tools|Addins).

I'd guess that either your code uses that analysis toolpak (and does something
incorrectly).

Or...

The analysis toolpak got corrupted and needs to be removed and reinstalled (back
things up first and have your MSOffice installation CD handy).

If this doesn't help, you may want to post the exact message you get (or even
search google for that key phrase). And maybe post the offending line of code
that's causing the trouble.

--

Dave Peterson