br549

Default Automatic page breaks hijack worksheet

Sometimes Excel seems to randomly interpret each cell as a page, I end up
with hundreds of pages. I can't find a way to recover from this, much less
prevent it.
as01

Same with me, cannot see any way round it, have also reinstalled excell
.....Help!

"br549" wrote:

Sometimes Excel seems to randomly interpret each cell as a page, I end up
with hundreds of pages. I can't find a way to recover from this, much less
prevent it.

as01

I have since sent the corrupted file to another machine and all is ok, no
change to formatting and original print layout ok. If you open a blank file
on the machine with the problem, put data in one cell the problem statrs over
again - could it be printer settings? I cannot see anything to change though.

"br549" wrote:

Sometimes Excel seems to randomly interpret each cell as a page, I end up
with hundreds of pages. I can't find a way to recover from this, much less
prevent it.

Ms MIS

I have just experienced the same problem on a user machine, they are running
Excel 2003. The problem is user profile specific not PC specific so
reinstalling will not work. It must be a file contained within the user
profile but I have not located the culprit yet. Please let me know if anyone
has managed to resolve it.

Thanks,
Ms MIS

"br549" wrote:

Sometimes Excel seems to randomly interpret each cell as a page, I end up
with hundreds of pages. I can't find a way to recover from this, much less
prevent it.

WAB

I had this happen to me yesterday...every row in every spreadsheet (newly
created or existing) had a page break...but on another machine everything
looked and printed as it should.

I discovered the culprit, at least for me, was a printer I had just added
using "Add Printers" in Control Panel. If I selected another printer from my
list the spreadsheet looked and printed as it was supposed to. I deleted the
offending printer from the printer list, then reinstalled it (its drivers)
using the CD that came with it, and everything then worked great. So,
although I can't be sure that this is your problem you may wish to check to
see if (a) the problem happens with every printer you have on your printer
list (if you have multiple choices) and (b) if you delete and then reinstall
your printer drivers.

Good luck.