One-Leg

Default lowest number above 0

Hello,

If I have a list of numbers in colum "A".

A1: 10
A2: 20
A3: 00
A4: 15
A5: 50

An I want to see in cell C2 what is the lowest number in colum that is above
0 (in this case, it would be "10"). What do I need to put in cell C2???

Thanks!!!

One-Leg

The formula given bellow doesn't work...

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=SMALL(A1:A5,COUNTIF(A1:A5,0)+1)

Peo Sjoblom

"One-Leg" wrote in message
Hello,

If I have a list of numbers in colum "A".

A1: 10
A2: 20
A3: 00
A4: 15
A5: 50

An I want to see in cell C2 what is the lowest number in colum that is
above
0 (in this case, it would be "10"). What do I need to put in cell C2???

Thanks!!!

Michael

Works fine for me!!
Can you let us know what error you are getting
Regards
Michael
--
Michael Mitchelson

"One-Leg" wrote:

The formula given bellow doesn't work...

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=SMALL(A1:A5,COUNTIF(A1:A5,0)+1)

Peo Sjoblom

"One-Leg" wrote in message
Hello,

If I have a list of numbers in colum "A".

A1: 10
A2: 20
A3: 00
A4: 15
A5: 50

An I want to see in cell C2 what is the lowest number in colum that is
above
0 (in this case, it would be "10"). What do I need to put in cell C2???

Thanks!!!

One-Leg

when I copy/paste the formula "=SMALL(A1:A5,COUNTIF(A1:A5,0)+1)" in cell C2,
I get the following error messgae:

=========================
The formula you typed contains an error.

- For information about fixing common formula problems, click Help.
- To get assistance in entering a function, click OK, then Function on the
Insert menu.
- If you are not trying to enter a formula, avoid using an equal sign (=) or
minus sign (-), or precede it with a single quotations mark(').
=========================

If I then click on OK, "A5,COUNTIF" is highlited as if something was wrong
there...

I figured out the problem... between A5 and COUNTIF, I need to put ";" and
not ",". Same thing between A5 and 0.

"One-Leg" wrote:

The formula given bellow doesn't work...

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=SMALL(A1:A5,COUNTIF(A1:A5,0)+1)

Peo Sjoblom

"One-Leg" wrote in message
Hello,

If I have a list of numbers in colum "A".

A1: 10
A2: 20
A3: 00
A4: 15
A5: 50

An I want to see in cell C2 what is the lowest number in colum that is
above
0 (in this case, it would be "10"). What do I need to put in cell C2???

Thanks!!!

Michael

Did it have the inverted commas or was that a typo.
If it did, take them out !!
--
Michael Mitchelson

"One-Leg" wrote:

The formula given bellow doesn't work...

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=SMALL(A1:A5,COUNTIF(A1:A5,0)+1)

Peo Sjoblom

"One-Leg" wrote in message
Hello,

If I have a list of numbers in colum "A".

A1: 10
A2: 20
A3: 00
A4: 15
A5: 50

An I want to see in cell C2 what is the lowest number in colum that is
above
0 (in this case, it would be "10"). What do I need to put in cell C2???

Thanks!!!

Piranha

Hi
Can someone please explain this to me

I figured out the problem... between A5 and COUNTIF, I need to put ";" and
not ",". Same thing between A5 and 0.QUOTE Wrote:

When i use the "," it works fine. If i use the ";" then Excel corrects
it to ","
So how can it work someplace else??
is this a Country thing??
Thx
Dave

"One-Leg" wrote:

The formula given bellow doesn't work...

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=SMALL(A1:A5,COUNTIF(A1:A5,0)+1)

Peo Sjoblom

"One-Leg" wrote in message
Hello,

If I have a list of numbers in colum "A".

A1: 10
A2: 20
A3: 00
A4: 15
A5: 50

An I want to see in cell C2 what is the lowest number in colum

that is
above
0 (in this case, it would be "10"). What do I need to put in

cell C2???

Thanks!!!

--
Piranha
Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20435
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=374457

mangesh_yadav

Hi Dave,

some countries use a semi-colon ( ; ) while some including us use the
comma (,).

Mangesh

--
mangesh_yadav
mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10470

Piranha

mangesh_yadav Wrote:
Hi Dave,

some countries use a semi-colon ( ; ) while some including us use the
comma (,).

Mangesh

Mangesh,
Boy that could get confusing. I wonder if that's why some of the
code/formulas i find, won't work, when other people say they do work.

So are there other differences besides the "," and ";' ??

And so there are different Versions of Excel for different countries??
Like an excel 2000 for one country and a different version of excell
2000 for another??

This sounds like a Yogi Berra thing. he he he

Thx for your info
Dave

--
Piranha