Maurice

Default Time from Text

We have a program at work that exports a text field from rotas as
1900-0700 or any variation of. I need to convert this into hours
difference and also run across midnight. I've tried
"=Right(A1,4)-Left(A1,4)", which gets me partially the way there, but
not managed to progress beyond the very basics. I've played with the
TIME function to no avail, i managed to achieve what i wanted over nine
columns but that is ludicrous, any pointers, flashes of inspiration
would be much appreciated. I'm prepared to put this into VBA later, but
would rather have it as a calculation on the sheet

--
Maurice

Maurice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1948
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=374055