afaqm

Default problem working with time data imported from text file

I have time data stored in text file in mm:ss format.
1.. When I paste it in Excel, it becomes xx:xx:00, mm:ss gets converted in
hh:mm:ss.
2.. I want to convert these mm:ss into seconds, simultaneously summing these
seconds value after every few cells
Biff

Hi!

You can just leave the values as hh:mm:ss and use this
formula to convert the sum to seconds:

=SUM(A1:A5)/60*86400

Biff

.