Jan

Default Convert Text Time to Time

I just don't understand. I want to be able to enter "0800" military time, and
Excel to put in "08:00" automatically... then I want to be able to subtract
lunch times and have a total hours work:
0800
1130
1200
1600
............that time should equal 7.5. I am sure Excel can do this, please
help me. I just don't understand VBA at all and Im hoping I don't have to use
that in order to make this happen, but if so, please help. Jan

"mdalby" wrote:

You ROCK! Thank you

--
mdalby
mdalby's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7055

Niek Otten

To learn all about calculating with times, visit

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm#AddingTimes

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Jan" wrote in message
I just don't understand. I want to be able to enter "0800" military time,
and
Excel to put in "08:00" automatically... then I want to be able to
subtract
lunch times and have a total hours work:
0800
1130
1200
1600
...........that time should equal 7.5. I am sure Excel can do this, please
help me. I just don't understand VBA at all and Im hoping I don't have to
use
that in order to make this happen, but if so, please help. Jan

"mdalby" wrote:

You ROCK! Thank you

--
mdalby