tojo107

Default Subtotals

I want to paste the results of a subtotal into another worksheet in a book.
How can I paste just the subtotaled info wothout all of the drilldown info it
is based on. I have tried Paste/Values only etc. No Luck. The only thing I
have found that works is pasting to a text file, then copying and pasting
that back into Exel. Is there an easier way? I do this about 30 times a day
and it seems like it should be easier!!

Thanks,
Tom
bj

I have 2002 XP I have no problems with Paste values with a subtotal.
What do you use
Do you have any problems with paste value for any other function?

"tojo107" wrote:

I want to paste the results of a subtotal into another worksheet in a book.
How can I paste just the subtotaled info wothout all of the drilldown info it
is based on. I have tried Paste/Values only etc. No Luck. The only thing I
have found that works is pasting to a text file, then copying and pasting
that back into Exel. Is there an easier way? I do this about 30 times a day
and it seems like it should be easier!!

Thanks,
Tom

Michael

Minimize your table so that you only see the subtotals, go to Edit-Go
to-Special-Visible Cells Only, copy and then paste in your new worksheet. HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"tojo107" wrote:

I want to paste the results of a subtotal into another worksheet in a book.
How can I paste just the subtotaled info wothout all of the drilldown info it
is based on. I have tried Paste/Values only etc. No Luck. The only thing I
have found that works is pasting to a text file, then copying and pasting
that back into Exel. Is there an easier way? I do this about 30 times a day
and it seems like it should be easier!!

Thanks,
Tom

Ragdyer

Since you say that you do this 30 tomes a day, you could place a
"SelectVisibleCells" icon on your toolbar.

Right click in the toolbar and choose "Customize".
Click on the "Commands" tab,
In the Left window, click "Edit",
And in the right window, scroll down almost to the bottom,
And click on, and drag the "Select Visible Cells" icon to your toolbar.

--
HTH,

RD