Chandrasekaran

Default Sheet 1/2 to be available in EXCEL

When using Excel we create many pages. At any time we dont know in which page
we are and how many pages are there in total. This problem will be more
prolific when the names of pages are all changed from Sheet1, Sheet2 to
customised names

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Gord Dibben

What is the aim of this post?

It does not contain a question.

It is not a suggestion.

It is simply a statement that you think you have a problem.

Tell us what you want changed.

By "page" do you mean worksheet or printed pages?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 21 May 2005 07:30:01 -0700, "Chandrasekaran"
wrote:

When using Excel we create many pages. At any time we dont know in which page
we are and how many pages are there in total. This problem will be more
prolific when the names of pages are all changed from Sheet1, Sheet2 to
customised names

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

R.Chandrasekaran

The aim of this post is to notify a facility which Microsoft has missed till
Excel 2003.
First off all i dont know if there are any options available in excel which
shows the Page _ of _ in the main screen.
That is why i raised this as a queston. If this opton is not available then
it becomes a requirement and Microsoft can take this as a suggestion.
By page I actually meen "Sheet1", "Sheet2" whch is displayed in the tab at
the lower end.
I even have a suggestion for the location for this opton. There will be tab
buttons to move each sheet and also to move to the first sheet and the last
sheet. Between these buttons this option shall be provided.
This opton is available in Word from the very beggining versions. While most
of the word features are going to Excel and viceversa while to leave this
option
Hope i can expect this feature in Excel 2006.
I Hope i am addressing the requirement in the right forum - if not kindly
guide me where I have to raise this requirement

Thanks & Regards
R.Chandrasekaran