Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Custome Views Greyed out

I have a particular xlsm file in Excel V 10 that is greyed out and dcannot
find how to unlock this feature. Feature OK in new files. Any Ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Custom Views Greyed out

Let me clarify the problem. "Custom Views" is greyed out in the "View"
ribbon on only this file and I cannot find out how to reset
it!..................Mervyn
"Mervyn Thomas" wrote in message
I have a particular xlsm file in Excel V 10 that is greyed out and dcannot
find how to unlock this feature. Feature OK in new files. Any Ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Mervyn Thomas" wrote in message
Let me clarify the problem. "Custom Views" is greyed out in the
"View" ribbon on only this file and I cannot find out how to reset
it!..................Mervyn
"Mervyn Thomas" wrote in message
I have a particular xlsm file in Excel V 10 that is greyed out and
dcannot find how to unlock this feature. Feature OK in new files.
Any Ideas?

Worksheet or Workbook protection?

--
Clif McIrvin

(clare reads his mail with moe, nomail feeds the bit bucket :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

More than one sheet selected?

Gord Dibben Microsoft Excel MVP

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 10:00:51 +0100, "Mervyn Thomas"
wrote:

Let me clarify the problem. "Custom Views" is greyed out in the "View"
ribbon on only this file and I cannot find out how to reset
it!..................Mervyn
"Mervyn Thomas" wrote in message
I have a particular xlsm file in Excel V 10 that is greyed out and dcannot
find how to unlock this feature. Feature OK in new files. Any Ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have found that as soon as I put on the worksheet page a Microsoft Query
to an ODBC driven Sage database then the custom view gets greyed out. I
have got around the problem by having macro driven print settings which is
why I wanted the custome views anyway.......,,,,Mervyn

wrote:

Let me clarify the problem. "Custom Views" is greyed out in the "View"
ribbon on only this file and I cannot find out how to reset
it!..................Mervyn
"Mervyn Thomas" wrote in message
I have a particular xlsm file in Excel V 10 that is greyed out and
dcannot
find how to unlock this feature. Feature OK in new files. Any Ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the update on your cause and fix.

Gord

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 17:38:12 +0100, "Mervyn Thomas"
wrote:

I have found that as soon as I put on the worksheet page a Microsoft Query
to an ODBC driven Sage database then the custom view gets greyed out. I
have got around the problem by having macro driven print settings which is
why I wanted the custome views anyway.......,,,,Mervyn
.. .