Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default custome formating

I have an excel sheet, which is accessed by many people to enter data. The
sheet also has various cells with formula that needs protection. So, I have
used "lock cell" and "protect sheet" to protect it. Since this sheet is very
long and wide, I want user to be able to "hide" "unhide" rows and/or columns.
But when the protection option is on, hide and unhide options are not
available. What would be a better solution to achieve this option?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you select "Format columns" and "Format rows" from the Protect Sheet
dialog you should get what you want. Excel 2002 and later.

--
Jim
"Paul_of_Abingdon" wrote in
|I have an excel sheet, which is accessed by many people to enter data. The
| sheet also has various cells with formula that needs protection. So, I
have
| used "lock cell" and "protect sheet" to protect it. Since this sheet is
very
| long and wide, I want user to be able to "hide" "unhide" rows and/or
columns.
| But when the protection option is on, hide and unhide options are not
| available. What would be a better solution to achieve this option?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you very much. It worked.