-   -   custome formating (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/178813-custome-formating.html)

Paul_of_Abingdon[_2_]

custome formating

I have an excel sheet, which is accessed by many people to enter data. The
sheet also has various cells with formula that needs protection. So, I have
used "lock cell" and "protect sheet" to protect it. Since this sheet is very
long and wide, I want user to be able to "hide" "unhide" rows and/or columns.
But when the protection option is on, hide and unhide options are not
available. What would be a better solution to achieve this option?

Jim Rech[_2_]

custome formating

If you select "Format columns" and "Format rows" from the Protect Sheet
dialog you should get what you want. Excel 2002 and later.

--
Jim
"Paul_of_Abingdon" wrote in
|I have an excel sheet, which is accessed by many people to enter data. The
| sheet also has various cells with formula that needs protection. So, I
have
| used "lock cell" and "protect sheet" to protect it. Since this sheet is
very
| long and wide, I want user to be able to "hide" "unhide" rows and/or
columns.
| But when the protection option is on, hide and unhide options are not
| available. What would be a better solution to achieve this option?

Paul_of_Abingdon[_2_]

custome formating

Thank you very much. It worked.