Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default You missed the point...

You may set a image transparancy , but it's a little more complicated, you need first insert a shape (Rectangular for me)

Then select the fill type and insert your Image.

After you may set the transparancy of your shape, including your inserted image.

I'm also disapointed of the fact that you must use a plan B to archive your goal instead of simply modifying the image transparancy.

Dan.

(Sorry for my typo, I'm french!)

On Friday, July 11, 2008 3:42 PM Rarer wrote:

In EXCEL 2003 I could insert a picture and format it to make it transparent.
This was I could see the cells behind the picture. How do I do that in 2007?

On Friday, July 11, 2008 4:41 PM pdberge wrote:

Rarer --

Click on the picture, and the 'Picture Tools - Format' ribbon will open.
Click Recolor, and then Set Transparent Color.

HTH

"Rarer3" wrote:

On Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:32 AM John S. wrote:

The OP was talking about how much better Excel 2003 vs. 2007. In Excel 2003 you could make the entire image transparent - in Excel 2007 you can only make a single color of the image transparent - not the entire image. While the latter is a welcomed addition, losing the former is a great disappointment.

Additionally, Excel 2007 cannot batch crop multiple inserted images to a specific size, like Excel 2003 could do. The example is I have many screen shots from a webpage, I want to crop the header from all of them but keep the rest of the image. In Excel 2003 I could multi-select all the images and then crop a specific amount of pixels from one side. Excel 2007 no longer has that functionality.

Too bad we have to lose good tools when gaining others with Microsoft products.

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Install Windows Updates using C# & WUAPI
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-c--wuapi.aspx