Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Huber57

Default redistribution of missed targets

I have daily and weekly goals and I list them in columns A thru E (Monday,
Tuesday, Wed., etc). At the bottom of each column I have a formula to count
actual items posted in the column and then calculate the difference from the
daily goal. My question is this: How would I take the difference between
actual items listed and the target and distribute them over the next four
days? This function would allow me to see how many items I need each day
before the end of the week to still reach my goal. For example, if my goal
is to register 10 people per day for a class and on the first day I register
only 6, this would leave me four to distribute over the next four days.
Therefore, the goals would then reflect 11 for the remaining days.

Thoughts? I am using Excel 2003.

Thanks!

Doug