Junior Member

Default return value from a dropdown list in other cell

Hi, I created a dropdown list and need to return a value in another cell.

When you pick dropdownlist1 option, in other cell put number 4, and so on, depending on the selection

If I use vlookup, for some reason of there is no selection, it returns #N/A. As I need to add the results, this error doesn't let me.

Thanks
Junior Member

Not sure if I understand exactly the problem you're facing but just as a suggestion try and use an = if formula with the lookup as example

=IF([cell with dropdown menu]<"",(VLOOKUP([cell with dropdown menu],table array,col index num,FALSE)),"")

It works on my side, so good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinezfer View Post
Hi, I created a dropdown list and need to return a value in another cell.

When you pick dropdownlist1 option, in other cell put number 4, and so on, depending on the selection

If I use vlookup, for some reason of there is no selection, it returns #N/A. As I need to add the results, this error doesn't let me.

Thanks
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinezfer View Post
Hi, I created a dropdown list and need to return a value in another cell.
When you pick dropdownlist1 option, in other cell put number 4, and so on, depending on the selection
If I use vlookup, for some reason of there is no selection, it returns #N/A. As I need to add the results, this error doesn't let me.
Thanks
Hi. Have you found a solution yet? If not, let me know. I've resolved this for you by working on a very similar project.
Jera