jy

Default How to shade every third row?

Hi, this is probably a very simple question.

I use Excel for financial reporting and would like to make the presentation
of data clearer.

So, am wondering how do you highlight, say every third row in the report?

Pls help. Thks. ;-)

CLR

This is one of many features in the ASAP Utilities Add-in,
free from www.asap-utilities.com

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"jy" wrote in message
Hi, this is probably a very simple question.

I use Excel for financial reporting and would like to make the

presentation
of data clearer.

So, am wondering how do you highlight, say every third row in the report?

Pls help. Thks. ;-)

Jim Cone

Or if you don't want 300 other utilities...
my Excel add-in "Shade Data Rows" shades by cell value
or by every Nth row.
Comes with a one page install / use Word.doc file.
Available free upon direct request.
Remove xxx from my email address.

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA
XX

"jy" wrote in message
Hi, this is probably a very simple question.
I use Excel for financial reporting and would like to make the presentation
of data clearer.
So, am wondering how do you highlight, say every third row in the report?
Pls help. Thks. ;-)

jy

Hi guys,

Thanks for the suggestions, but am wondering is it possible to do it
without any add-ins? Meaning, just by using Excel functions? ;-D

Thks again!

"jy" wrote in message
Hi, this is probably a very simple question.
I use Excel for financial reporting and would like to make the presentation
of data clearer.
So, am wondering how do you highlight, say every third row in the report?
Pls help. Thks. ;-)

Biff

Hi!

Yes, it can be done with conditional formatting.

How do you want to apply this? Starting from where? Do you want the first
row to be shaded?

Biff

"jy" wrote in message
Hi, this is probably a very simple question.
I use Excel for financial reporting and would like to make the
presentation
of data clearer.
So, am wondering how do you highlight, say every third row in the
report?
Pls help. Thks. ;-)

Max

Guess you could also try this play ..

Press CTRL+A to select the entire sheet
(or just select the target rows, say rows 1 to 21)

Click Format Conditional Formatting
Under Condition 1, make the settings:
Formula is: =MOD(ROW(),3)=0
Click the Format button Patterns tab Light green? OK
Click OK at the main dialog
--
Rgds
Max
"jy" wrote in message
Hi guys,

Thanks for the suggestions, but am wondering is it possible to do it
without any add-ins? Meaning, just by using Excel functions? ;-D

Thks again!

Max

Formula is: =MOD(ROW(),3)=0

On separate sheets, try also tinkering with the other 2 possible settings
for the formula in condition1, viz., try instead:

=MOD(ROW(),3)=1
=MOD(ROW(),3)=2

to see the differences that changing the formula makes to the row shading

(Btw, I'm also using Jim's add-in .. )

--
Rgds
Max
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----

Dana DeLouis

... but am wondering is it possible to do it
without any add-ins? Meaning, just by using Excel functions? ;-D

Just throwing this idea out. Select your data, and do Format | Auto Format,
and select something like "list1", or "list2." Maybe not exactly what you
want, but it may be close. :)

--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003