Louise

Default How do I publish Excel as a webpage so macros work?

We are trying to publish some of the activities we have written on a school
website so the students can use them but when we publish with interactivity
on anything to do with the macros will not work (including the buttons the
macros are assigned to disappearing). We are desperate to give students
access to these resources so we need a way round the problem if anyone can
help
Jim Rech

When you publish an Excel sheet as a web page with interactivity it is no
longer an Excel sheet, or affiliated with Excel. This new web page uses the
Office Spreadsheet Component to (SSC) provide Excel-like functionality. It
has, however, only a subset of Excel's capabilities and among the many
things excluded is the ability to run Excel macros. They totally fall out.

That doesn't mean you cannot add automation to the SSC but you have to do by
adding script to the web page itself using the SSC's object model which is a
differerent animal than Excel. There is more on this at the MSDN site:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/owc/

--
Jim
"Louise" wrote in message
| We are trying to publish some of the activities we have written on a
school
| website so the students can use them but when we publish with
interactivity
| on anything to do with the macros will not work (including the buttons the
| macros are assigned to disappearing). We are desperate to give students
| access to these resources so we need a way round the problem if anyone can
| help

cisse_5

Do you have the ability to get a hold of FrontPage? You may be able to use
the Control Toolbox functions interchangeably between Excel and FrontPage to
have the Macros continue to work or by using an Access page saved as a
webpage.