Duane Broadwell

Default excel msoffice97 files will not work in excel msoffice2000

I was using msoffice 97 in my Win.98 then I bought a new dell with xp and
purchased office 2000 . when I installed the excel financial program I had
been using in the 98 , I now find that the window that used to ask " do you
want to enable macros" no longer is available. I've asked several others
what to do , and the answer is scrap the program and rewrite it. are there
any other suggestions?

Dave Peterson

Maybe just toggling the security level will help.

Tools|Macro|security tab
(That's xl2002+. I think it's that way in xl2k, too.)

Choose medium to be prompted each time.

--

Dave Peterson