Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Shutting down the Discussion groups

A few days a go I read, in one of the previous pages, that the the DG are
about to be shut down and we moving to the new Excel Forums.
Was that a false alert or what - as I still see, the present DG, breathing
and Kicking...!?
Any reliable & effective information will be appreciated.
Micky

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Micky, everybody seems to have been misled by MS who said that they were
closing these forums on Jun 1/10.

However, another poster has correctly pointed out that MS said, in their
original advice, that they would phase out during the summer and end the
process in the autumn.

As to accurate information I suppose only MS can give that.

"מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:

A few days a go I read, in one of the previous pages, that the the DG are
about to be shut down and we moving to the new Excel Forums.
Was that a false alert or what - as I still see, the present DG, breathing
and Kicking...!?
Any reliable & effective information will be appreciated.
Micky

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Read Q and A at

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.mspx

Q: When will this transition be complete?

A: Microsoft is closing newsgroups in phases and anticipates completing this
by Fall 2010.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 06:13:06 -0700, ????? (????) ?????
<micky-a[atsymbol]tapuz[dot]co[dot]il wrote:

A few days a go I read, in one of the previous pages, that the the DG are
about to be shut down and we moving to the new Excel Forums.
Was that a false alert or what - as I still see, the present DG, breathing
and Kicking...!?
Any reliable & effective information will be appreciated.
Micky

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you, too.
To my opinion, if the "big transaction" will not be accompanied by
authorization to allow adding attachments to posts - MS will lose the
opportunity to elevate the new forums to a better and friendlier stage.
Most, if not all, leading forums, throughout the Net, allow to attach files
- which makes the OP and supporters lives much, much, easier/simpler.
Micky

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Read Q and A at

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.mspx

Q: When will this transition be complete?

A: Microsoft is closing newsgroups in phases and anticipates completing this
by Fall 2010.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 06:13:06 -0700, ????? (????) ?????
<micky-a[atsymbol]tapuz[dot]co[dot]il wrote:

A few days a go I read, in one of the previous pages, that the the DG are
about to be shut down and we moving to the new Excel Forums.
Was that a false alert or what - as I still see, the present DG, breathing
and Kicking...!?
Any reliable & effective information will be appreciated.
Micky

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The nearest which I can find in the new forum areas is
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...ry/officeexcel, but
it doesn't seem to be as useful as here, so we'll keep using these
newsgroups.
--
David Biddulph