Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date Formatting

Tommy,

These rogue dates that won't format may be text that look like dates. If we
have one of these in A1 try this formula

=isnumber(a1)

which should evaluate as TRUE. If it evaluates as false then it's text.

The fix depends on what is actually in the cell but you could try putting a
1 in an empty cell and copying it then select these 'dates' paste special -
multiply - OK
--
Mike

question.

"Tommy" wrote:

I receive data everyday with the dates in the following format - 1/12/2025
(dd/mm/year), however I'm trying to format it to the following format-
01-Dec-25.

The option is available under formatting, but the majority of the dates in
the column I select don't format properly. I can't figure why this happens...

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to how to format so the entire column
formats?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike-

Thanks for the help! =isnumber(a1), showed some cells coming up as false...

Is there any way to format or correct the "false", so that the dates fields
can be formatted in the way I would like? Multipling them by 1, left some
cells comng up with 1 as the resulting value. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tommy