Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date Formatting

I have a program that exports daily data to excel. However it exports dates
in the following format: 15 Feb, 2011

In order to sort columns properly I need to change the dates to reflect:
02/15/11 Is there a way to do this.

I cannot change it by simply formatting the cell to the date format

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

DataText to ColumnNextNextColumn data formatDateDMY worked for me
with your example data.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP