Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Working With Dates in Excel

Hello:

I use Excel to keep up with information like the number of days I was
employed by a given employer. I included the first day of work on my
worksheet for example as 1/1/2010 then I type the last day I worked there for
example 12/31/2010. Now then with the first and last date displayed on my
sheet for common reference purposes I want to determine the total days I was
employed by this employer so I substract 12/31/2010 from 1/1/2010 but Excel
returns the value 364 when I was employed 365 days. In this example I would
not want to put 12/31/2009 as my first day of work or 1/1/2011as my last so
Excel would return the correct number of days which is 365 when I didn't work
there those days. Any info as how this should be done would be appreciated. I
would hope it would not require some complexed process to get Excel to carry
data like I am trying to.