-   -   Working With Dates in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/264415-working-dates-excel.html)

Working With Dates in Excel

Hello:

I use Excel to keep up with information like the number of days I was
employed by a given employer. I included the first day of work on my
worksheet for example as 1/1/2010 then I type the last day I worked there for
example 12/31/2010. Now then with the first and last date displayed on my
sheet for common reference purposes I want to determine the total days I was
employed by this employer so I substract 12/31/2010 from 1/1/2010 but Excel
returns the value 364 when I was employed 365 days. In this example I would
not want to put 12/31/2009 as my first day of work or 1/1/2011as my last so
Excel would return the correct number of days which is 365 when I didn't work
there those days. Any info as how this should be done would be appreciated. I
would hope it would not require some complexed process to get Excel to carry
data like I am trying to.

Victor Delta[_2_]

Working With Dates in Excel

"Working With Dates in Excel" <Working With Dates in
wrote in message
[...]

To get the correct number of days the formula is =B1-A1+1, where A1 is the
start date and B1 is the end date.

Gord Dibben

Working With Dates in Excel

Subtracting day one from day 365 will ALWAYS give you 364.

Simple arithmetic.

10-1 = 9

12/31/2010 - 1/1/2010 = 364

Add 1 to the total.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 24 May 2010 15:25:01 -0700, Working With Dates in Excel <Working
With Dates in wrote:

[...]

David Biddulph[_2_]

Working With Dates in Excel

To add 1, use +1