Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Office Plus Installation Glitch

Everytime I open Excel 2007, a windows installer opens and then progresses
through a series of windows that tells me to wait while the installer
configures Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007. I can cancel out of the
installation and Excel seems to work fine. I would like to eliminate this
seemingly useless process. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

either turn off uac and open office, or right click on it and run it as an
administrator. then turn it back on.

if you have installed more than 1 version of office, the it's a different
issue. post back or search for office NoReReg and find out how to edit the
registry to fix this.

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003