Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
george-v

Default Office 2007 Installation

Can I install Office 2007 Beta 2 and Office 2003 side-by-side
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Billigmeier

Yes, when installing it gives you the option to do a custom installation.
Choose this... and I think it's on the next screen it will ask you which
other Microsoft Office programs you wish to UN-install in the process, just
un-select all. You CAN'T, however use Outlook 2007 with Outlook 2003
installed, so if you choose to install this it will automatically un-install
Outlook 2003.

Dave

Can I install Office 2007 Beta 2 and Office 2003 side-by-side

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

It is not very wise to install a bet product, especially one so large and
complex as Office 12, on top of your live system. You should either put it
on a different machine, put it in its own VM, or forget it. That is just my
opinion.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"george-v" wrote:

Can I install Office 2007 Beta 2 and Office 2003 side-by-side

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Billigmeier

Very true, Thanks Nick and Bob for adding to this. I would not recommed this
as well as it is still in the Beta version.

Dave

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Adding to David's correct answer...be aware it is a pre-release product, is
not supported and anything which does/may break is at your own risk

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"george-v" wrote:

Can I install Office 2007 Beta 2 and Office 2003 side-by-side

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I installed 2007 alongside Outlook 2003 OK.

Now I want to install Outlook 2007.

However, when I use add/remove programmes or run the main installation
programme from the CD I simply get told that Outlook 2007 is unavailable.

Can anyone help, please?