Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 (Not Responding)

I have a vba program that I created to run through a list, and then find that
item on another sheet. If found it changes the font to bold and adds a
background color. Then it goes back to the original list and does the same
thing for the next item and all items in that list. The first list has about
1,000 records and the second sheet has about 1,500 records.

Everything has been working fine until yesterday. Now for some reason excel
hangs up (Not Responding) and always in a different place. I have also
noticed some weird behavior when running the sub manually for a while then
hitting run to finish off the process.

I have rebooted my computer several times to see if that fixes the problem,
but it has not. Any ideas as to what is going on or how to fix this? I am
pretty sure it is not the sub itself, I even cleared out most of the records
so there would be a smaller list to work with and everything worked as it was
supposed to. It seems to be an issue with the amount of time it takes to run
the program. I also ran the sub with the excel window open to watch it and
minimized to see if screen refresh was the problem. Same results both ways.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sounds like a resources issue.

Do you have calculation turned off and screenupdating at false?

What else are you running that could be sucking resources?

When's the last time you cleaned out TIF folders and Temp folders?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP