Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LP LP is offline

Default Display Chosen Autofilter Value

Without going into VB, is there a way to display the chosen autofilter
value?

Column D1 is where I want to filter is located and it has 200 rows.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

All those contains, greater than, does not...

If that's what they want, the filter criteria, then I got nothin'!

Here's what the formula I suggested will do...

D1 = column header = Car Make
D2 = Chevy
D3 = Ford
D4 = Ford
D5 = Chevy
D6 = Chrysler

If you filter that column on Car MakeChrysler then the formula will return
Chrysler.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Unless the user is showing blank cells and those cells are really empty
<vbg.

Seriously, Biff's formula won't show you the criteria unless it's pretty
simple. All those contains, greater than, does not... would return a
value, but
maybe not what you're looking for.

"T. Valko" wrote:

If they mean to return the first item from a filtered list...

Array entered** :

=INDEX(D2:D15,MATCH(1,SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(D2:D15,,,R OW(D2:D15)-ROW(D2)+1)),0))

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key and the
SHIFT
key then hit ENTER.

That will return the first item from the filtered (or unfiltered) range
D2:D15.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Nope. You'll need VBA.

LP wrote:

Without going into VB, is there a way to display the chosen autofilter
value?

Column D1 is where I want to filter is located and it has 200 rows.
Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sometimes, when I was working with data I wasn't sure about was to add a column
of 1's and label it Counter.

Then each row of data had at least one field that was always there--no matter
how I filtered the data.

And it did make it easier to count the rows that were visible after the filter
was applied.

I know my co-workers didn't appreciate that extra column...until they actually
used it!