Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Compare difference between 2 worksheets 2003

Hi

I have one worksheet with 600 rows of information about employees i.e. emp
no. name, salary etc.. I have a second worksheet which contains the same
information but some of the salaries may have changed - I need to compare
these to see which cells are different How can I do this.

Also, similar problem - I have one sheet with employee salary information
and another sheet with employee details and pension information. How can I
compare to see which employees are on both sheets?

Many thanks
--
Kind regards

Ann Shaw
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
Let's say you have the names in column A and the salaries in column B in
both sheets called A and B , and the information is in a tab called Sheet1,
in column C sheet called A enter the formula as follow , I assume the names
are exactly in the same format

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2=[b]Sheet1!$A$2:$A$6),[b]Sheet1!$B$2:$B$6)