Old May 1st 08, 10:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kpk kpk is offline

Default Compare two columns and find the difference between the two column

I have two columns, 1 with 3800 entries and 2 with 1500 entries. I want to
find the entries which are in column 1 but not in column 2.
--
kpk

Old May 2nd 08, 12:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd use a formula like this in a helper column:

=isnumber(match(a1,sheet2!a:a,0))
and drag down.

True means that a1 appears in sheet2, column A.

If that's not enough...

Chip Pearson has lots of techniques to work with duplicates:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx