Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Questions: using match

I have uploaded the file, i need to compare the data in columns A and F. A
being a master list of numbers, F being the current list. I need to display
True or False in column B if the number is present or not and also calculate
how many we are missing etc. Currently it is not outputting the correct value.

http://www.quickfilepost.com/downloa...a83fbe2b174502
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In cell B1 apply formula and copy down as required
=COUNTIF(F:F,A1)0

To find the total missing ones try this formula
=COUNTIF(B:B,FALSE)

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"sdemtevym" wrote:

I have uploaded the file, i need to compare the data in columns A and F. A
being a master list of numbers, F being the current list. I need to display
True or False in column B if the number is present or not and also calculate
how many we are missing etc. Currently it is not outputting the correct value.

http://www.quickfilepost.com/downloa...a83fbe2b174502

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for replying, but that didnt help me.
I have 584 unique image numbers in column F, so I should logically have 584
FALSE OR TRUE, depending on how the formula is written, but at the moment
I have 508 TRUE and 507 FALSE, which is wrong.

"sdemtevym" wrote:

I have uploaded the file, i need to compare the data in columns A and F. A
being a master list of numbers, F being the current list. I need to display
True or False in column B if the number is present or not and also calculate
how many we are missing etc. Currently it is not outputting the correct value.

http://www.quickfilepost.com/downloa...a83fbe2b174502

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have had a look at the file...There are 77 items in ColF which are not
there in ColA

eg: 30308049

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"sdemtevym" wrote:

I have uploaded the file, i need to compare the data in columns A and F. A
being a master list of numbers, F being the current list. I need to display
True or False in column B if the number is present or not and also calculate
how many we are missing etc. Currently it is not outputting the correct value.

http://www.quickfilepost.com/downloa...a83fbe2b174502

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi
I'm using this =ISNUMBER(MATCH(F2,A$2:A$1200,0)) Will give True for Match, False
no Match
then =COUNTIF(B:B,FALSE) and get 77
=COUNTIF(B:B,True) and get 508
Is this what you want ?