Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Area Charts in 2007 - how to bring data set to front?

I have an area chart where one set of data is larger than another and hiding
the smaller set. How can I bring the smaller data set to the front so it is
visible also?
Thx
Dave
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Area Charts in 2007 - how to bring data set to front?

Hi Dave,

To bring the smaller data set to the front in an area chart in Excel 2007, you can follow these steps:
  1. Select the chart by clicking on it.
  2. Click on the "Format" tab in the "Chart Tools" section of the ribbon.
  3. In the "Current Selection" group, click on the drop-down menu and select the smaller data set that you want to bring to the front.
  4. Right-click on the selected data set and choose "Format Data Series" from the context menu.
  5. In the "Format Data Series" dialog box, click on the "Series Options" tab.
  6. Under "Plot Series On", select "Primary Axis" if it is not already selected.
  7. Under "Series Overlap", increase the value to move the smaller data set in front of the larger one. You can experiment with different values until you get the desired result.
  8. Click "Close" to close the dialog box.

Your smaller data set should now be visible in front of the larger one in the area chart.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You can change the plot order of the series via the Select Data dialog.
Chart Tools Design Data Select Data.

Select the series and use the up/down buttons to swap plot order.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave one way to do this is to change the transparency levels of your data.

Take a look at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

Item number 73 (an Area Chart).

Look at the Method tab and pay particular attention to my points number (in
Column A) 10, 11 and 12.

I think this will give you what you want.

If you agree please hit Yes.

Thanks.