Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How to bring data labels in front of objects

How can I bring data labels in front of objects in a graph? Any help
would be appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

In EXCEL 2007 try this:-

- single left hand click the chart to highlight it

- the Chart Tools should become enabled (towards the top right hand side of
the screen)

- single right hand click in one of the columns (for example) the select
Add Data Labels (numbers appear above the top of my columns at this point)

- Chart Tools / Layout / Labels group / Data Labels / More Data Label
Options / in here the first option at the top of the left hand side is Label
Options / select Center on the right hand side (the numbers will move to the
centre of the columns)

- in the Format Data Labels (which is where you should be at the moment)
select Fill on the left hand side (6th option down) / Solid fill / Close

Your labels will now appear in front of the objects on the graph.

I have uploaded an example of the above to:

www.pierrefondes.com

It is the first example on the home page (number 17 at the top of the page)
and has a file reference of:-

Charts_masanao.xlsx

Please click on Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks!

"masanao.baba" wrote:

How can I bring data labels in front of objects in a graph? Any help
would be appreciated!
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

All chart elements float in their particular layer in the chart. The
layer that contains shapes, pictures, etc., is in a layer in front of
all chart element layers.

You could replace the data labels with text boxes, which float in the
shapes layer. Within the shapes layer, the shapes can be reordered.

The problem with text boxes is they are not linked to points the way
data labels are.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier