Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Adam P.

Default How do I bring a certain data series to the front

I currently have a line graph set up with 4 data series--current info, 1
month ago, prior FYE, and 1 year ago. In the legend, the data series are
reverse chronological from left to right. I want the current info data
series on the line graph to show up on top instead of being buried by the
other series (some of the values are the same). Is there a way to bring this
series to the front without changing the series order under formatting?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

The way to bring series to the front is to use the series order, but as
you realize this will change the legend order.
One way around this is to use another dummy data series which is a
repeat of the Current data. No need to duplicate it in the cells just
use the source data dialog to add another series. You can then remove
the repeat legend entry.
This explains how to delete legend entries.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/deletelegendentry.htm

Cheers
Andy

--