Junior Member

Default I need to copy a formula to a 100 cells

e4=1.075 Tax

=c10*e4 original formula
=c11*e5 (should be e4)
=c12*e6 (should be e4)
=c13*e7 (should be e4)
=c14*e8 (should be e4)
=c15*e9 (should be e4)
=c16*e10 (should be e4)
=c17*e11 (should be e4)
=c18*c12 (should be e4)
=c19*c13 (should be e4)

I need to copy the formula C10*E4 to a hundred rows. I need E4 to stay the same and not Increment to e5,e6.e7.e8 ect. what do I put infront of e4 to stop it from incrementing
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 18:32:52 +0100, Dennis Gelso
wrote:

e4=1.075 Tax

=c10*e4 original formula
=c11*e5 (should be e4)
=c12*e6 (should be e4)
=c13*e7 (should be e4)
=c14*e8 (should be e4)
=c15*e9 (should be e4)
=c16*e10 (should be e4)
=c17*e11 (should be e4)
=c18*c12 (should be e4)
=c19*c13 (should be e4)

I need to copy the formula C10*E4 to a hundred rows. I need E4 to stay
the same and not Increment to e5,e6.e7.e8 ect. what do I put infront of
e4 to stop it from incrementing

Try this:

=C10*E$4

The $ will prevent Excel from changing the row reference when you copy
the cell.

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke