Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Copy Cells Formula

I imported from a database program, but now have a mix of language and data
on my spreadsheet,a small sample follows:
Task No. AF-1880M
Description MONTHLY INSPECTION OF HINGE FOR EXCESSIVE WEAR
Maint/Toolroom MAINTENANCE Date Last Performed 07-10-15

Fortunately, the items imported in same-sized chunks, so I can sort similar
data by going to a new worksheet and maintaining a constant interval. In
cell A1 I type 'Sheet1!D13', in cell A2 'Sheet1!D23', cell A3 'Sheet1!D33'. I
would like to select these 3 cells and drag down to continue the pattern
D43,D53, etc., but the next six cells come out as D16,D26,D36, D19,D29,D39.
Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

At the top of any column:

=INDIRECT("Sheet1!A" & (10*ROW()+3))

and just copy down
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200764

"archsmooth" wrote:

I imported from a database program, but now have a mix of language and data
on my spreadsheet,a small sample follows:
Task No. AF-1880M
Description MONTHLY INSPECTION OF HINGE FOR EXCESSIVE WEAR
Maint/Toolroom MAINTENANCE Date Last Performed 07-10-15

Fortunately, the items imported in same-sized chunks, so I can sort similar
data by going to a new worksheet and maintaining a constant interval. In
cell A1 I type 'Sheet1!D13', in cell A2 'Sheet1!D23', cell A3 'Sheet1!D33'. I
would like to select these 3 cells and drag down to continue the pattern
D43,D53, etc., but the next six cells come out as D16,D26,D36, D19,D29,D39.
Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

It is a beautiful thing. Since the data program is constantly updated,
altering the INDIRECT formula as needed to extrapolate data will save me many
hours going forward.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

At the top of any column:

=INDIRECT("Sheet1!A" & (10*ROW()+3))

and just copy down
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200764

"archsmooth" wrote:

I imported from a database program, but now have a mix of language and data
on my spreadsheet,a small sample follows:
Task No. AF-1880M
Description MONTHLY INSPECTION OF HINGE FOR EXCESSIVE WEAR
Maint/Toolroom MAINTENANCE Date Last Performed 07-10-15

Fortunately, the items imported in same-sized chunks, so I can sort similar
data by going to a new worksheet and maintaining a constant interval. In
cell A1 I type 'Sheet1!D13', in cell A2 'Sheet1!D23', cell A3 'Sheet1!D33'. I
would like to select these 3 cells and drag down to continue the pattern
D43,D53, etc., but the next six cells come out as D16,D26,D36, D19,D29,D39.
Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I agree.

It is a neat way to have one column "sample" from another. Pick up every
fourth or fifth item, etc.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200764

"archsmooth" wrote:

It is a beautiful thing. Since the data program is constantly updated,
altering the INDIRECT formula as needed to extrapolate data will save me many
hours going forward.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

At the top of any column:

=INDIRECT("Sheet1!A" & (10*ROW()+3))