Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default copy cells using formula

can anyone help me in copying cells from one sheet to another which has
todays date
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

maybe this

=Sheet1!A1

Mike

"Kashyap" wrote:

can anyone help me in copying cells from one sheet to another which has
todays date

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Formulas can only return values................they cannot copy anything.

Sounds like you need some "linked cells"(see help on linking) formulas on
one sheet to return values from another sheet.

Otherwise some VBA might be your solution.

Provide more details.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 04:48:01 -0800, Kashyap
wrote:

can anyone help me in copying cells from one sheet to another which has
todays date

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Gord Dibben,

Actually, I want to copy the rows which contains todays date only from
book1.xls (Sheet1) to book2.xls (Sheet1)

I have 8 columns and the dates are in column B, which contains previous
dates of this month as well. I need to copy only the rows which contain
todays date to book2.xls without opening Book1.xls.

- Kashyap