Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default drop down list should remember selection.

Hi,

I have list on names on my first sheet in A column, on sheet2 i have list of
products with names. How can i create drop-down list for each name, so that i
can select items from the list from second sheet, also drop-down list should
remember maded selection for each name.

Is it possible?

Thank you in advance.

Peter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sounds like a job for Data Validation
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/data-validation.htm

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"Peter" wrote in message

I have list on names on my first sheet in A column, on sheet2 i have list
of
products with names. How can i create drop-down list for each name, so
that i
can select items from the list from second sheet, also drop-down list
should
remember maded selection for each name.

Is it possible?

Thank you in advance.

Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've already made drop down validation list for certain cell, but i cannot do
selection of items within the list and save these selections.

For example, i do a click on cell B2, drop down list shows 10 names, i want
to choose and mark somehow 3 random names and go to another cell. Later if i
click B2 cell, drop down list should display to me earlier selected names.

Hope you understand me correctly :)

Peter.

"Peter" wrote in message

I have list on names on my first sheet in A column, on sheet2 i have list
of
products with names. How can i create drop-down list for each name, so
that i
can select items from the list from second sheet, also drop-down list
should
remember maded selection for each name.

Is it possible?

Thank you in advance.

Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You may need a ListBox with MultiSelect;
http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/multi-select-listbox.htm

--
Regards
Dave Hawley

"Peter" wrote in message

I have list on names on my first sheet in A column, on sheet2 i have
list
of
products with names. How can i create drop-down list for each name, so
that i
can select items from the list from second sheet, also drop-down list
should
remember maded selection for each name.

Is it possible?

Thank you in advance.

Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't need that my selections will appear in excel sheet.

I need to be able open Validation list (drop-down list), and select or mark
many random items in this droped-down list, after that i want these
selections will be saved, so that when i open this drop-down list again,
there must be already selected earlier items. (in drop-down list, not in
sheet)

Is it possible?

"Peter" wrote in message

I have list on names on my first sheet in A column, on sheet2 i have
list
of
products with names. How can i create drop-down list for each name, so
that i
can select items from the list from second sheet, also drop-down list
should
remember maded selection for each name.

Is it possible?

Thank you in advance.