Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default drop down list selection

I have an estimating form that we use for estimating service jobs. I entered
a dropdown box at the very top to allow the user to select the correct
customer. However, there are special pricing rates that pull from another
sheet ('Special Rates') this sheet is in order by customer account number.
However, when a customer name is selected from the dropdown box in C83, the
formula set up in the preceding column E84, at needs to pull the correct
customer account number to allow for the rest of the sheet to calculate
properly is, =IF(E84=FALSE,LOOKUP(C83,CustomerName,'SPECIAL
RATES'!A:A),"STANDARD") this only allows for the next, "near match" to pull
up and is resulting in the selection of the wrong account number which
results in the wrong pricing to be selected. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Formula to find exact match and return the same relative position from
Special Rates:

=IF(E84=FALSE,INDEX('SPECIAL RATES'!A:A,MATCH(C83,CustomerName,0)),"STANDARD")

--
Best Regards,

Luke M