Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Very Slow to open 2003 Excel Files

It takes me well over 60 seconds to load a file that is 4,000KB. I have
tried everything I've seen in other posts to get this file to load faster but
none have worked.

I've repaired Excel, unchecked use DDE and put the %1 in, opened Excel and
selected the file through those methods. However, I still have to wait
anywhere from 45 seconds up to 4 hours was the longest loading time to date.

I have 14 Excel files that I work with on a daily basis and this is the only
one that gives me any trouble. There are many calculations and links to
various other sheets, but that is contained in all 14 sheets.

Can you figure out why this one sheet takes so long to load and how do I
prevent this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you tried:

Close excel
Windows start button|run
type:
%temp%
and hit enter

Clean all those files that you can. (You may have some files in use, so skip
those.)

Then try your workbook again.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

have you tried safe mode? start/tun and pate the following:

"C:\Program Files \Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" /s
or if you're running and x64 os
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" /s

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003