Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I convert rows into columns?

J C's Generator Starter & Alternator Co
1160 Providence Rd
Scranton, PA 18508
570-347-0861

A J's Auto Clinic
1430 Main Ave Ste Rear
Scranton, PA 18508
570-343-7828
AUTO REPAIR

Aamco Transmissions
1230 Keyser Ave
Scranton, PA 18504
570-969-1940
AUTO REPAIR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Rick" wrote in message
J C's Generator Starter & Alternator Co
1160 Providence Rd
Scranton, PA 18508
570-347-0861

A J's Auto Clinic
1430 Main Ave Ste Rear
Scranton, PA 18508
570-343-7828
AUTO REPAIR

Aamco Transmissions
1230 Keyser Ave
Scranton, PA 18504
570-969-1940
AUTO REPAIR

Copy the row, click the top cell of the desired column, then edit, paste
special and tick transpose.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe a macro would do it:

Maybe...

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
Dim CurWks As Worksheet
Dim NewWks As Worksheet
Dim DestCell As Range
Dim BigArea As Range
Dim SmallArea As Range

Set CurWks = Worksheets("Sheet1")
Set NewWks = Worksheets.Add
Set DestCell = NewWks.Range("A1")

With CurWks
Set BigArea = Nothing
On Error Resume Next
Set BigArea = .Columns(1).Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants )
On Error GoTo 0

If BigArea Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "No constants in column A"
Exit Sub
End If

For Each SmallArea In BigArea.Areas
SmallArea.Copy
DestCell.PasteSpecial Transpose:=True
Set DestCell = DestCell.Offset(1, 0)
Next SmallArea
End With

End Sub

This will not do what you want if you have any formulas in column A.

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

--

Dave Peterson