Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Read only prompt?

How do I make my workbook read only to another user whilst I am making
changes. Why is the other user not getting a read only prompt, they are also
making changes causing save problems. I have not ticked the allow changes
by more than one user box in the tools menu.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
with your spreadsheet open go to save as,then click on tools at your left
bottom, enter a password and check the box that says Read-only recommended
Hope this helps