Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default help with filtering

I have a document that has application information for each client in
columns, not rows. For example, Joe Blow's information goes down column B
(last name B1, first name B2, date of birth, B3, etc.), Jane Blow on column
C, etc.--the headings for each row are in column A. The document is in this
format because we want to print the application information in portrait, and
there are 42 headings--to print in landscape would waste too much paper.

Normally, if the information was in rows, I could filter the column to find
the row. Is it possible to filter the row to find the column?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Don is offline

Can you copy the data and on another sheet Past / values / transpose? Then
it would be in the format you used to ?

"Bradly" wrote:

I have a document that has application information for each client in
columns, not rows. For example, Joe Blow's information goes down column B
(last name B1, first name B2, date of birth, B3, etc.), Jane Blow on column
C, etc.--the headings for each row are in column A. The document is in this
format because we want to print the application information in portrait, and
there are 42 headings--to print in landscape would waste too much paper.

Normally, if the information was in rows, I could filter the column to find
the row. Is it possible to filter the row to find the column?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I could, and it would filter great, but when I try to print, it prints on 5
pages, whereas the format it is in now prints 2 in portrait. Do you know if
there is any easy way to print columns A and B, then A and C, then A and D,
etc.?