Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lyd Lyd is offline

Default 12 digit number rounding down why?

12 digit number entered with cell formatted as just a number is rounding to
end in zero all the time. Help please. cell is not locked
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you give an example or two?
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lyd" wrote in message
12 digit number entered with cell formatted as just a number is rounding
end in zero all the time. Help please. cell is not locked

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You sure it is only 12 digits?

Excel will add a zero after 15th digit.

Never seen after 12 digits.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 06:00:01 -0700, Lyd
wrote:

12 digit number entered with cell formatted as just a number is rounding to
end in zero all the time. Help please. cell is not locked

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 12 digits - auto change

This happens to me as well.

If you enter a credit card number (12 digits) Excel automatically changes the last number to a Zero.

The only way I found around this was to add the spaces like the credit card has, but I could not find a solution for adding 12 digit numbers together.

We are using Excel 2003.

Gord Dibben wrote:

You sure it is only 12 digits?
17-Mar-10

You sure it is only 12 digits?

Excel will add a zero after 15th digit.

Never seen after 12 digits.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

wrote:

On Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:00 AM
Lyd wrote:

12 digit number rounding down why?
12 digit number entered with cell formatted as just a number is rounding to
end in zero all the time. Help please. cell is not locked

On Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:20 AM
Bernard Liengme wrote:

Can you give an example or two?
Can you give an example or two?
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

On Wednesday, March 17, 2010 11:47 AM
Gord Dibben wrote:

You sure it is only 12 digits?
You sure it is only 12 digits?

Excel will add a zero after 15th digit.

Never seen after 12 digits.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Parallel Programming in C# 4.0: A Short Synopsis
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ming-in-c.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Correction

I guess the credit card numbers are 16 digits. Wasn't thinking. Is there any way around the auto correct for that 16th digit?

Gord Dibben wrote:

You sure it is only 12 digits?
You sure it is only 12 digits?

Excel will add a zero after 15th digit.

Never seen after 12 digits.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

wrote:

On Monday, May 10, 2010 2:10 PM
Leah S wrote:

12 digits - auto change
This happens to me as well.

If you enter a credit card number (12 digits) Excel automatically changes the last number to a Zero.

The only way I found around this was to add the spaces like the credit card has, but I could not find a solution for adding 12 digit numbers together.

We are using Excel 2003.

WPF Binding Beyond the Limitation of Name Scopes
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...nd-the-li.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Precede the numbers with an apostrophe which won't show in the cell.

OR pre-format the cell as Text then enter the 16 digits

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP