Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default text and number

i have something like this in a cell:

T2 T2 E1 T2 N3

can I add just the numbers and put the answer(10) in an adjacent cell and
disregard the text?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It might not be practical but how about using the text to columns facility.
Select the cell - data - text to columns - fixed width - next - place
breaklines between text and numbers - next - finish (no need to format -
general is OK)
Now the data has been entered in consecutive cells which you may add.
As I said it may not be practical - not knowing what other data is in your
w/s.
--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.