Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Wade Wade is offline

Default text and number

that works - can i make it do that automatically to a cell?

thanks!

wade

"Russell Dawson" wrote:

It might not be practical but how about using the text to columns facility.
Select the cell - data - text to columns - fixed width - next - place
breaklines between text and numbers - next - finish (no need to format -
general is OK)
Now the data has been entered in consecutive cells which you may add.
As I said it may not be practical - not knowing what other data is in your
w/s.
--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

"Wade" wrote:

i have something like this in a cell:

T2 T2 E1 T2 N3

can I add just the numbers and put the answer(10) in an adjacent cell and
disregard the text?