Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Keeping 2003 After Upgrade to 2007

Our company is moving up to Office 2007, but not in one swell foop -- they're
upgrading people when their desktop PC gets replaced by a new one. (Although
people have the option of self-upgrading if they choose, but many prefer to
stay with the old tried-and-true instead of learning new tricks.) So I'm in
the mode of trying to help people in two different systems for however long
it takes until everyone (12,000 people!!) has migrated.

With Access, I was able to keep 2003 when I made the jump to 2007, and can
choose which one I want to work in (or help people with). But if there's a
way to do that with Excel, I haven't found it. Anybody know if it can be
done, and if so how? I'm guessing it's not as easy as just creating a
shortcut to the 2003 version of Excel.exe....
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I have E2003, E2007 & E2010 all on the same machine co-existing together
with no issues. All I did when installing 2007 & 2010 was specified the
option to keep all previous versions.
--
Mike

question.

"LarryP" wrote:

Our company is moving up to Office 2007, but not in one swell foop -- they're
upgrading people when their desktop PC gets replaced by a new one. (Although
people have the option of self-upgrading if they choose, but many prefer to
stay with the old tried-and-true instead of learning new tricks.) So I'm in
the mode of trying to help people in two different systems for however long
it takes until everyone (12,000 people!!) has migrated.

With Access, I was able to keep 2003 when I made the jump to 2007, and can
choose which one I want to work in (or help people with). But if there's a
way to do that with Excel, I haven't found it. Anybody know if it can be
done, and if so how? I'm guessing it's not as easy as just creating a
shortcut to the 2003 version of Excel.exe....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 2/24/2010 11:25 AM, LarryP wrote:
Ah, there's the rub; our company's "Installer" does what it wants without
offering that option. Any idea if it can be done after the fact?

The company's IT department is short-sighted. Their approach is fine if
everyone upgrades at the same time.

Other than uninstalling and then reinstalling both versions of Excel
using Microsoft's installer routines I don't see any way out of this.

Office 2003 and 2007 programs can coexist on the same computer, except
for Outlook, where you've got to pick one or the other.

Bill

keeping color same for 2007 and 2003 version Joyjoy Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 October 30th 09 06:27 PM
Upgrade to 2007 PA New Users to Excel 17 June 6th 07 06:50 AM
How do I upgrade to 2003 shapiro Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 December 18th 06 07:59 PM
Network Templates after 2003 upgrade Mira C. Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 August 3rd 05 09:15 PM
Upgrade from Excel 97 to 2003 J. Freed Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 March 17th 05 02:49 PM