Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hide Legend With No Data in Series

Folks,

I have 8 series that get its value dynamically from other tabs.
Sometimes, all 8 series would have data while other time, only a few.
Question is, how do I hide the legend for those series that returned
back blank value. I understand this may require VBA but I'm not well
versed in it. Any thoughts or if VBA is the only way, can somone post
the code? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi. I have the exact same question. Did you ever figure out how to accomplish this?

Thanks.

On Monday, February 22, 2010 3:13 PM GENESIS wrote:

Folks,

I have 8 series that get its value dynamically from other tabs.
Sometimes, all 8 series would have data while other time, only a few.
Question is, how do I hide the legend for those series that returned
back blank value. I understand this may require VBA but I am not well
versed in it. Any thoughts or if VBA is the only way, can somone post
the code? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jay Walker explained :
Hi. I have the exact same question. Did you ever figure out how to
accomplish this?

Thanks.

On Monday, February 22, 2010 3:13 PM GENESIS wrote:

Folks,

I have 8 series that get its value dynamically from other tabs.
Sometimes, all 8 series would have data while other time, only a few.
Question is, how do I hide the legend for those series that returned
back blank value. I understand this may require VBA but I am not well
versed in it. Any thoughts or if VBA is the only way, can somone post
the code? Thanks.

Have you tried using Autofilter with '(non blanks)' as the criteria?

--
Garry