Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula to subtract percentage from whole

I want to be able to create a forumla to increase or decrease the percentage
of a whole number i.e. Nett: 81.47 increase by 15% to give me the total and
vice versa 92.27 decrease by 15% (I can do this on the calculator). Formula
NOT reliant on other cells.

Appreciate your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
in the cell where you want the result enter
to increase

=A1*1.15

to decrease

=A1/1.15

"Shevvie" wrote:

I want to be able to create a forumla to increase or decrease the percentage
of a whole number i.e. Nett: 81.47 increase by 15% to give me the total and
vice versa 92.27 decrease by 15% (I can do this on the calculator). Formula
NOT reliant on other cells.

Appreciate your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Shevvie" wrote:
I want to be able to create a forumla to increase
or decrease the percentage of a whole number i.e.
Nett: 81.47 increase by 15% to give me the total
and vice versa 92.27 decrease by 15% (I can do
this on the calculator). Formula NOT reliant on other
cells.

=81.47*(1+15%)

=92.27*(1-15%)