Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old May 11th 05, 03:49 PM
trixiebme
 
Posts: n/a
Default View & Insert missing from menu bar!?!?!

Don't know what happened but View & Insert no longer appear in my menu bar.
Anyone know how I can add them back in???

  #2   Report Post  
Old May 11th 05, 03:59 PM
Jonathan G.
 
Posts: n/a
Default

All you should have to do is click on them once and they should be there next
time you go into that menu. Let us know if that doesn't work...

JG

"trixiebme" wrote:

Don't know what happened but View & Insert no longer appear in my menu bar.
Anyone know how I can add them back in???

  #3   Report Post  
Old May 11th 05, 04:06 PM
trixiebme
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How can I click on something that is not there?

"Jonathan G." wrote:

All you should have to do is click on them once and they should be there next
time you go into that menu. Let us know if that doesn't work...

JG

"trixiebme" wrote:

Don't know what happened but View & Insert no longer appear in my menu bar.
Anyone know how I can add them back in???

  #4   Report Post  
Old May 11th 05, 09:08 PM
Gord Dibben
 
Posts: n/a
Default

trixie

ToolsCustomizeToolbars.

Select Worksheet Menu Bar and "reset".

Note: this will wipe out any customizations you may have done to that Menu
Bar.

Alternative to the above.........

ToolsCustomizeCommands.

Select "Built-in menus" and drag the View and Insert menus up to the Worksheet
Menu Bar.


Gord Dibben Excel MVP


On Wed, 11 May 2005 08:06:02 -0700, trixiebme
wrote:

How can I click on something that is not there?

"Jonathan G." wrote:

All you should have to do is click on them once and they should be there next
time you go into that menu. Let us know if that doesn't work...

JG

"trixiebme" wrote:

Don't know what happened but View & Insert no longer appear in my menu bar.
Anyone know how I can add them back in???


  #5   Report Post  
Old May 12th 05, 01:09 PM
trixiebme
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Gord,

The 1st set of instructions did not work, I had actually tried that earlier
as well...However the second (Built-In) did..........Thanks a billion!!!!!!!




"Gord Dibben" wrote:

trixie

ToolsCustomizeToolbars.

Select Worksheet Menu Bar and "reset".

Note: this will wipe out any customizations you may have done to that Menu
Bar.

Alternative to the above.........

ToolsCustomizeCommands.

Select "Built-in menus" and drag the View and Insert menus up to the Worksheet
Menu Bar.


Gord Dibben Excel MVP


On Wed, 11 May 2005 08:06:02 -0700, trixiebme
wrote:

How can I click on something that is not there?

"Jonathan G." wrote:

All you should have to do is click on them once and they should be there next
time you go into that menu. Let us know if that doesn't work...

JG

"trixiebme" wrote:

Don't know what happened but View & Insert no longer appear in my menu bar.
Anyone know how I can add them back in???





  #6   Report Post  
Old May 12th 05, 03:49 PM
Gord Dibben
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm surprised the "reset" did not work for you.

Gord

On Thu, 12 May 2005 05:09:08 -0700, trixiebme
wrote:

Gord,

The 1st set of instructions did not work, I had actually tried that earlier
as well...However the second (Built-In) did..........Thanks a billion!!!!!!!




"Gord Dibben" wrote:

trixie

ToolsCustomizeToolbars.

Select Worksheet Menu Bar and "reset".

Note: this will wipe out any customizations you may have done to that Menu
Bar.

Alternative to the above.........

ToolsCustomizeCommands.

Select "Built-in menus" and drag the View and Insert menus up to the Worksheet
Menu Bar.


Gord Dibben Excel MVP


On Wed, 11 May 2005 08:06:02 -0700, trixiebme
wrote:

How can I click on something that is not there?

"Jonathan G." wrote:

All you should have to do is click on them once and they should be there next
time you go into that menu. Let us know if that doesn't work...

JG

"trixiebme" wrote:

Don't know what happened but View & Insert no longer appear in my menu bar.
Anyone know how I can add them back in???






Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need a symbol but "symbol" in the Insert menu is grayed-out. Nothappy Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 May 3rd 05 12:16 AM
What variable do you insert for X-cel if there is missing data? Iop.kcl New Users to Excel 1 March 22nd 05 05:00 PM
Why is the menu item "Insert - Name" greyed out? Chuck Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 March 7th 05 05:25 PM
Challenging Charting C TO Charts and Charting in Excel 0 January 17th 05 06:57 PM
Insert symbol menu Stan Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 December 2nd 04 12:03 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 ExcelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Excel"

 

Copyright © 2017